Home     Windows Phone     Nokia Belle     Nokia N8     Asha Series     Phones     Apps     Unboxings

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bada developer challenge results

The Bada developer challenge results have been published. Most apps selected were games and entertainment apps. This seems a little weird, but it looks like Samsung wants the Bada OS to be an entertainment/gaming platform. That's OK, but I for one thought that Bada was about more than that. As I said in a previous post, Bada is gonna be as good as the Samsung Apps will be, and if you want a gameboy-like-phone then it's OK, otherwise you may want to take another look at Android, iOS and Windows Phone. This is a huge letdown for me. As I read in the challenge forums, there were hardly a handful of apps that are productivity related. So if you plan to buy a phone for business use, you better look elsewhere. Even though Samsung announced a Bada powered QWERTY slider, I don't see how gaming would make sense on such a device.
Anyway, if that's where they're going with Bada I wish them good luck. Even though I was planning to develop some more productivity apps for Bada, I have to let it go, because clearly this isn't the audience Samsung wants for Bada phones.

Comments