Home     Windows Phone     Nokia Belle     Nokia N8     Asha Series     Phones     Apps     Unboxings

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nokia forum experts bashing clients

A few weeks ago I saw a post on the Nokia forum, where a guy called Lucian Tomuta (you may remember him from a demo video for N8), and another guy who's name I do not know but who's forum nickname is wizard_hu_, nearly bit some poster's head off when he started a thread about porting Maemo for Nokia 5800.

The original thread was this, which was closed about a year ago:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?178368-Nokia-5800-maemo

I was blown away by the attitude of these two guys towards the user that started the forum, and now a year later I thought I would bring this behavior to Nokia's attention. Here is what followed:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?208497-moved-Discussion-on-moderation-policies

These guys simply don't care about the respect a customer should get. Here is a taste of the conversation:

Q: So really why there is no port of maemo for 5800 ?

A: Why would there be one? Would its existence make any sense from the majority-of-5800-users' point of view? Do you often change the OS on your washing machine? Or on the microwave oven?


When I started to point these things out, I got one official answer from the forum administrator who said he'd investigate this(which I really appreciate, finally someone was actually willing to solve this problem), and then some more attitude from the "washing machine" guy.

We'll see how it goes. I'll keep everybody posted.

Comments