Home     Windows Phone     Nokia Belle     Nokia N8     Asha Series     Phones     Apps     Unboxings

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nokia C7 hands on preview

Well, after a full day of heavy usage here is my first impression of the Nokia C7. This is a splendid device, solid build and an impressive display.
The capacitive touchscreen reacts on the lightests of touches. I am a pretty heavy user and after a full day of usage with WiFi constantly enabled, the phone still has 25% battery left.
Here is an user interface preview:



The phone also packs every connectivity option you can think of, like WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth 3.0. Unfortunately I could not get a taste of USB OTG because there is no MicroUSB to USB cable available in the box.



The home screen is a huge improvement over S60v5, and has room for 17 widgets (the clock/profile widget is not removable). You can add lots of contacts (the contacts widget has horizontal scroll) and as many shortcuts as you can fit on your screen. Another notable thing is the Ovi Store app which is worlds apart from the S60v5 one. This one is fast and much easier to use. I'm gonna have a hard time returning to my 5230 won't I? The best thing however, in my opinnion is that you no longer have to enter the same Ovi credentials for each Ovi Service on your phone. You are asked first time you boot the phone for your Ovi account, and that's it, everything works without a hassle. The camera shoots 720p HD videos and takes 8MP pictures. The pictures look sharp and detailed, and the videos too, and I shot the videos indoors in poot light conditions. Here are two samples:





As you can see the samples look really good indoors so the C7 is obviously a family person's strong choice. The Ovi Store may be behind Android Market or App Store in terms of numbers, but there are plenty of apps available for C7 that can make your life easier.

Bottom line, as I already told the Nokia guys: Who do I have to kill to get one? Just kidding.

Comments