Home     Windows Phone     Nokia Belle     Nokia N8     Asha Series     Phones     Apps     Unboxings

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nokia E5: Unboxing and first impressions

The guys at WOMWorldNokia were kind enough to send me another Nokia device, this time the full QWERTY E5. To be completely honest, I did not know what to expect from this kind of phone, my experience with QWERTY phones is very limited. I thought I would miss the touchscreen, but as it turns out, I hit it off with his phone from minute one. So, my first experience with a QWERTY bar was very pleasant. The E5 is snappy, thanks to the 600MHz CPU and the 256MB of RAM.




First of all let's see what's in the box:





So, to summarize, we have the handset itself, the battery, the short USB cable, the headset, the user manual, and I found a 1GB card plugged in the phone. I don't know if that's part of the retail package or not, but that's the way the phone arrived to me, and that's how I'm showing it to you.

After one day of use I was pretty impressed with two things: one is that I did not miss my touchscreen, and the second is how well balanced this phone is. I mean, it fits perfectly in the palm of your hand, it's not very heavy, while the build quality I have to say, it exceeds the C7's. A very solid feel. I like the white color and the keyboard is very comfortable and easy to use, I had no trouble at all getting used to this phone. Here are some first impressions:



I also have some photo samples taken with the 5MP camera:





And here is a video sample, shot in VGA (640x480) format:



I will be back later on this week with a full hands on and user interface preview, I just have to discover it myself first :)

Comments