Home     Windows Phone     Nokia Belle     Nokia N8     Asha Series     Phones     Apps     Unboxings

Monday, December 6, 2010

How to use Nokia N8 on holidays

First of all, I want to say that I use Ovi sync religiously, to synchronize everything(contacts, calendar, notes). The synchronization saved me when my phone had to be reflashed at Nokia care. I was up and running in a few minutes thanks to the synchronization features. Now on to the N8... I like to stay in touch with my friends trough Facebook, so in the holiday season, I roam the gift stores and take pictures of interesting gifts, and upload them to Facebook instantly using the official app. Then I post messages on the walls of my friends who are interested in these special findings. I send pictures to my wife and other people I know, if I know they're looking for something I find. I use my phone to take pictures and videos of my baby boy when he starts "acting up" :) and shared them via Facebook or upload them on Youtube so all my friends can see him. I also take videos of my colleagues playing various Wii or PS games during lunchbreak, Guitar Heros featuring programmers is a bliss :). I would fill the N8 homescreens with all the widgets that I'd like to use like communities, weather, rss feeds, phone notifications, because I'm the kind of person that doesn't want to miss anything that's happening. I use Nokia situations(best app I've seen this year) for any situation possible. I've setup a profile for when I'm at home (using the GPS locator, coolest thing ever), for overnight, meetings and for when I'm visiting someone.

That's how I'd use the N8, besides the daily Ovi Maps useage, Point and Find augmented reality and other God knows how many apps I use every day. I should tell you that I charge my phone almost twice a day :D because of this heavy usage, so the N8 would really come in handy, have more battery life than my Nokia 5230.

That's it :)

Comments